[ more Volleyball Jokes ]
Top 10 Reasons You are Not Likely to Get Good Sets
- Your neck is getting stiff from looking up at the players on either side of you.
- Half your doubles team is missing.
- You vaguely remember a conversation with your setter at last night’s party where you used the phrases “totally stupid”, "no talent", "stone hands", and “who needs you”.
- The only real setter in the gym has long ears, wags his tail and barks.
- The referee believes any ball contacted above the waist is a carry.
- The setter and one of the hitters arrive holding hands, and constantly refer to each other as "honey".
- Your new setter tells you she prefers to "bump set" rather than "overhand volley".
- The five new members of your team are trying to convince you that each time you rotate, whomever is in the front middle, should do the setting.
- Your only setter is having trouble getting in the gym because of his crutches.
- The competitor’s first serve knocks down all three of your back court players.